Red-vented Bulbul [Pycnonotus cafer]



Red-vented bulbuls [Pycnonotus cafer] are widespread in India and surrounding countries.

The red-vented bulbuls in my photos were spotted in Kathmandu.

While investigating the facts about this bird, I came to know that there is a bulbul fighting.

What a disgusting, hideous human behavior!

Especially the red-vented bulbuls are mainly exploited for gambles over bulbul fighting.

People induce fights between two starved birds (of course, humans keep them hungry) by offering food only to one of the birds.

Even though the Indian government banned the bulbul fighting, it is known to be still ongoing.

It is not difficult to find a video showing bulbul fighting on Youtube.

Yeah, I know there are lots of this kind of cruelty towards animals only to satisfy human's filthy pleasure, such as dog fighting, fish fighting, bull fighting...etc.

But I never heard of bird fighting, it was quite a shock.

Ah, chicken fighting existed as well in my country (almost forgot) but I never saw it in reality but only in literature. But it is highly likely such a chicken fighting or any forms of animal cruelty is still prevailing everywhere regardless of legal limitation.

Encountering such awful deeds of humans, I wish some part of human's little brain would be cut out.

Some speciesist-humans say that playing behaviors are the sign of intellectuality and only humans have this trait, claiming human's superiority to animals.

If the human's distasteful entertaining activities are a proof of human's intellectuality then the intellectuality is the one humans should be shameful about.

If a human being cannot discern the true value of intelligence from mere curiosity mixed with greediness and cruelty, that human's brain should be classified as biowaste.

And I know where to throw away those biowastes - there are several biowaste collecting boxes in my residential building and I can happily pay for the waste disposal.






Comments