CORMORANT



A Poem of a CORMORANT



Cold, splashing waves agitate my empty gullet
Old, squeaking boats carry us to the sea
Racing hunger drives me to jump in the water
Miserly guy controls my misery
Over my head, grabby hands're waiting for me
Ring, if only I could remove this ring of prisoner
A margin of freedom would be limitless but in reality
No time for a daydream!
Till I get my little portion, my catches are hijacked (so Was my life)



- Poem by PapilionemK -

PapilionemK wants to deliver the Voices of Animals through poems. 

Many cormorants are still exploited by humans who do not need to depend on the cormorant fishing any longer. Most of the cormorant fishing is nowadays is commercial in nature. 

Nobody can just blame the people who does not have any means of living except maintaining a bizarre relationship with the local animals. 

However, I condemn human's cruelty exploiting the animals to earn money out of tourists' pocket. These cormorants are starved and then taken to the water for fishing, which is done in the open water not in the zoo but no big difference. As slaves of greedy humans, they are just taken to an another type of exhibition venue. Their innate nature wants flying, relaxing with friends, fishing, and raising their own family (they even build quite sturdy nests). Having a tight ring around their neck is a great humiliation for this wonderful creature!  

Tourists should avoid participating this type of tour program, which only perpetuates the awful business, which takes away animals' dignity by practicing cruelty and speciesism.



Comments

  1. Interesting, I didn't realize that cormorants can be utilized like this! Humans creativity in torturing animals in order to benefit seems to have no boundaries... Thanks for bringing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! Many humans are opportunists. Endless examples we can get in terms of animal exploitation by humans. The problem is that most of human cultures make people blind to this problem, speciesism. That's why I want to be vocal about it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment