WHITE IBIS



A Poem to Australian W.H.I.T.E.  I.B.I.S.


When I'm alone I feel lonely
Hot birds gather in the Pool Party
I got no invitation but accidentally
Trash bin vomited out a back-door key
Eager to join and my happy feet are on the way


I did not expect a spotlight though
Being alone amongst happy feathers
Is worse than lonely at my hideout
Sick and tired I retreat to my little kingdom


==========================

When I heard them call me a bin chicken
How distasteful are you
I wanted to shout out
Trash turkey, Bin chicken, trash names
Elegance I want to maintain like you do


I imagine spreading your
Brain on my toast
Imbruing my beak with your blood
Soon I realize I am so sickened


===========================

When I woke up, the Sun was above me
How bright and shiny he is
I am not a bin chicken, I yelled out
Tranquil air could not carry my voice
Eyes got wet, salty fluid flooded into the beak



I fed myself a mouse not McChicken in the bin
But this fella's blood is too thin, so becomes mine
I now barely carry my neck but it's OK cause
Soon I don't need to curse you anymore

- Poem by PapilionemK - 


===========

Ibis is frequently called with awful slang names, none of which suits this majestic bird. 

Humans created such an environment not the birds.

They just adapted to the city life.

I've seen many ibises sourcing food in the nature.

Stop calling them bin chicken or whatsoever.

Even though they cannot understand the human language

They see through one's retarded brain.


Humans expanded to their territory
Humans overeat and dump away food
Humans name nice birds with awful ones
Humans kill some animals with pesticides

Humans inadvertently kill other animals as well 
Humans intentionally raise and butcher animals for food

I wanted the tragic ending (death by pesticide intoxication) in the poem to emphasize the fact that the ibis is a victim of human's insulting, invasive behavior. 

But I gave a warm ending to the story in the video below. Enjoy!

===============



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this! All people say they love nature because they are supposed to say so, but actually most of them cause severe harm to their local flora and fauna... Perhaps your creativity will stimulate at least some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your warm feedback! I would be happy if my little work might provide some people with a different view about the nature. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment