Black-tailed Gulls [Larus crassirostris]


-->
Now it's busy breeding season for many birds and it's no exception for Black-tailed Gulls [Larus crassirostris].

I've never seen seagull chicks before, even in the photos, partly it's because I was not interested in them.

Since I became an enthusiastic birder, any small fact about birds makes me excited. More I pay attention to the detail, more I get surprised by my ignorance and the wonders of every living thing.

One example showing my ignorance and/or arrogance is that I did not know there are so many different spieces of seagulls, pigeons, and sparrows.

Because they are so common and abundant everywhere, I did not take their existence seriously. I categorized them as common birds and considered them as boring creatures. What could be special about them?

But now I know such a conception is extremely shallow, careless, and impolite. 

Although I never observed them with full attention, I concluded I know everything about them. 

Actually I know nothing.

Not like before, now I am deeply fascinated by subtle details of feather colors and patterns, shape and color of each body part, singing patterns, voices, and behaviors.

-->
Everyday I learn something new about birds, animals, and nature and this learning experience inspires me to stay creative and alive.




Comments